I am all about outfit staples—wardrobe must-haves that work great no matter the season or occasion. One such piece is the tried-and-true blazer. Whether worn with a button-down shirt for the office or styled with a little dress for the weekend, the blazer has endless potential. The staple black, gray, or navy blue blazers are safe bets, but if you are a risk taker like me opting for some color will definitely make a statement. You can't deny the bold appeal of this mustard yellow blazer is quite striking. I decided to go for color this weekend and go with this bright, bold and beautiful blazer paired with a simple white dress; allowing for the blazer to take all the glory. The saturated hue will take you instantly into spring, which I am looking forward to. I put together 5 tips on how to sport a blazer.
1. GO LONG : A long single-breasted blazer looks best on taller frames. If you do happen to be on the shorter side, make sure to go for a tonal look or try sky-high heels.
2. OPT FOR COLOR: Marry it with simple separates and let the blazer make a statement.
3. PATTERNS: Patterned ones to add interest, take your outfit to the next level with a striped blazer.
4. BORROW ONE FROM THE BOYS: Boxy cut of a men's blazer is GOALS! It adds a toughness to an otherwise feminine look.
5. TOSS IT OVER THE SHOULDERS: Simply drape it on you. With a blazer, you will instantly look elegant and professional.
Quote of the day:
If you like it, wear it.
SHOP THE LOOK